The Trader Chick website provides information about the financial markets – they are my opinions and is not to be taken as the end all for investment advice.
Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices, or other information contained on this Website are provided as general market commentary and do not constitute investment advice. You acknowledge that you enter into any transactions relying on your own judgment. Opinions expressed by The Trader Chick regarding the prices of specific futures contracts, stocks, options, currencies, or markets in general, and the direction they will take in the future do not necessarily represent the opinion The Trader Chick, and are not guaranteed in any way. In no event The Trader Chick be held liable for losses incurred in connection with any decision made by any party based on information provided verbally, in writing or via the internet by our staff, or any delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions in or relating to such information.
The materials presented on this Website are solely for informational purposes. No offer or solicitation to buy or sell currencies, or any type of investment or trading advice or strategy, is made, given or in any manner endorsed by The Trader Chick or its affiliates. You are fully responsible for any investment or trading decisions you make, and such decisions should be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment or trading objectives, risk tolerance and liquidity needs.
This Website, including but not limited to, text, content (including but not limited to the The Trader Chick Educational System), photographs, video, audio and graphics and goods (the “Service”), is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, international treaties, and/or other proprietary rights and laws of the U.S. and other countries. The Service is also protected as a collective work or compilation under U.S. copyright and other laws and treaties. All individual articles, columns and other elements making up the Service are also copyrighted works. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you agree that no ownership, right, title or interest in or to the Services is conveyed to you by this Agreement, and you acknowledge that The Trader Chick holds all ownership, trademark, copyright and other proprietary rights and interests to and in the Services and that the Services is and shall at all times remain the sole and exclusive property of The Trader Chick.
You agree to abide by all applicable copyright and other laws, as well as any additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in the Service. All present and future rights in and to trade secrets, patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, know-how, and other proprietary rights of any type under the laws of any governmental authority, domestic or foreign, including rights in and to all applications and registrations relating to the Service (the “Intellectual Property Rights”) shall, as between you and The Trader Chick, at all times be and remain the sole and exclusive property of The Trader Chick. All present and future rights in and title to the Service (including the right to exploit the Service and any portions of the Service over any present or future technology) are reserved to The Trader Chick for its exclusive use. You shall not use the Intellectual Property Rights or the Service, or the names of any individual participant in, or contributor to, the Service, or any variations or derivatives thereof, for any purpose, without The Trader Chick’s prior written approval. Except as specifically permitted by the Terms of Service, you may not copy or make any use of the Service or any portion thereof.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SERVICE AND ANYTHING CONTAINED WITHIN THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CONTENT, SERVICES, GOODS, OR ADVERTISEMENTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” AND THAT THE TRADER CHICK MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR TITLE FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE. THE TRADER CHICK MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS CONCERNING THE LIKELIHOOD OF PROFITABLE TRADING USING THE SERVICES.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT: (I) THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED FOR TRADING PURPOSES; (II) THE SERVICE MAY INCLUDE CERTAIN INFORMATION TAKEN FROM EXCHANGES AND OTHER SOURCES FROM AROUND THE WORLD; (III) THE TRADER CHICK DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE SEQUENCE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SERVICE; (IV) NONE OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE CONSTITUTES A SOLICITATION, OFFER, OPINION, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE TRADER CHICK TO BUY OR SELL ANY SECURITY, OR TO PROVIDE LEGAL, TAX, ACCOUNTING, OR INVESTMENT ADVICE OR SERVICES REGARDING THE PROFITABILITY OR SUITABILITY OF ANY SECURITY OR INVESTMENT; AND (V) THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY, OR DISTRIBUTION TO, ANY PERSON OR ENTITY IN ANY JURISDICTION OR COUNTRY WHERE SUCH USE OR DISTRIBUTION WOULD BE CONTRARY TO LAW OR REGULATION. ACCORDINGLY, ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN SET FORTH NOTWITHSTANDING, THE TRADER CHICK SHALL NOT, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, BE LIABLE, IN ANY WAY, TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY: (I) INACCURACIES OR ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THE SERVICE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, QUOTES AND FINANCIAL DATA; (II) DELAYS, ERRORS, OR INTERRUPTIONS IN THE TRANSMISSION OR DELIVERY OF THE SERVICE; OR (III) LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING THEREFROM OR OCCASIONED THEREBY, OR BY ANY REASON OF NONPERFORMANCE.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE TRADER CHICK, ITS SUPPLIERS, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS, OR ASSIGNS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES EVEN IF THE TRADER CHICK HAS BEEN ADVISED SPECIFICALLY OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING FROM USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS OR ITEMS ON THE SERVICE OR ANY PROVISION OF THE TERMS OF SERVICE, SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TRADER CHICK’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE.
Other Important Terms
You may terminate the TOS by discontinuing your use of the Service and destroying all materials obtained from the Service. You agree that The Trader Chick may, without notice, terminate or suspend the TOS, or terminate or suspend your access to the Service, with or without cause at any time, without notice, and effective immediately.
This Website is not intended for distribution or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation.
Hypothetical or simulated performance results have certain inherent limitations. Unlike an actual performance record, simulated results do not represent actual trading. Also, since the trades have not actually been executed, the results may have under- or over-compensated for the impact, if any, of certain market factors, such as lack of liquidity. Simulated trading programs in general are also subject to the fact that they are designed with the benefit of hindsight. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those shown. The Trader Chick nor its affiliates, employees, or owners, take any responsibility in the actions you may take in the stock market.
HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE MANY INHERENT LIMITATIONS, SOME OF WHICH ARE DESCRIBED BELOW. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN. IN FACT, THERE ARE FREQUENTLY SHARP DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND THE ACTUAL RESULTS SUBSEQUENTLY ACHIEVED BY ANY PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM.
ONE OF THE LIMITATIONS OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS IS THAT THEY ARE GENERALLY PREPARED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. IN ADDITION, HYPOTHETICAL TRADING DOES NOT INVOLVE FINANCIAL RISK, AND NO HYPOTHETICAL TRADING RECORD CAN COMPLETELY ACCOUNT FOR THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL RISK IN ACTUAL TRADING. FOR EXAMPLE, THE ABILITY TO WITHSTAND LOSSES OR TO ADHERE TO A PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM IN SPITE OF TRADING LOSSES ARE MATERIAL POINTS WHICH CAN ALSO ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS. THERE ARE NUMEROUS OTHER FACTORS RELATED TO THE MARKETS IN GENERAL OR TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ANY SPECIFIC TRADING PROGRAM WHICH CANNOT BE FULLY ACCOUNTED FOR IN THE PREPARATION OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND ALL OF WHICH CAN ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS.
The following statement is furnished pursuant to Commodity Futures Trading Commission (“CFTC”) Regulation 1.55(c).This brief statement does not disclose all of the risks and other significant aspects of trading in futures, forex and options. In light of the risks, you should undertake such transactions only if you understand the nature of the contracts (and contractual relationships) into which you are entering and the extent of your exposure to risk. Trading in futures, forex and options is not suitable for many members of the public. You should carefully consider whether trading is appropriate for you in light of your experience, objectives, financial resources and other relevant circumstances.
The risk of loss in trading commodity futures contracts and foreign currency can be substantial. You should, therefore, carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances and financial resources. You should be aware of the following points:
- You may sustain a total loss of the funds that you deposit with your broker to establish or maintain a position in the commodity futures market or foreign exchange market, and you may incur losses beyond these amounts. If the market moves against your position, you may be called upon by your broker to deposit a substantial amount of additional margin funds, on short notice, in order to maintain your position. If you do not provide the required funds within the time required by your broker, your position may be liquidated at a loss, and you will be liable for any resulting deficit in your account.
- The funds you deposit with a futures commission merchant for trading futures and forex positions are not protected by insurance in the event of the bankruptcy or insolvency of the futures commission merchant, or in the event your funds are misappropriated.
- The funds you deposit with a futures commission merchant for trading futures or forex positions are not protected by the Securities Investor Protection Corporation even if the futures commission merchant is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission as a broker or dealer.
- The funds you deposit with a futures commission merchant are generally not guaranteed or insured by a derivatives clearing organization in the event of the bankruptcy or insolvency of the futures commission merchant, or if the futures commission merchant is otherwise unable to refund your funds. Certain derivatives clearing organizations, however, may have programs that provide limited insurance to customers. You should inquire of your futures commission merchant whether your funds will be insured by a derivatives clearing organization and you should understand the benefits and limitations of such insurance programs.
- The funds you deposit with a futures commission merchant are not held by the futures commission merchant in a separate account for your individual benefit. Futures commission merchants commingle the funds received from customers in one or more accounts and you may be exposed to losses incurred by other customers if the futures commission merchant does not have sufficient capital to cover such other customers’ trading losses.
- The funds you deposit with a futures commission merchant may be invested by the futures commission merchant in certain types of financial instruments that have been approved by the Commission for the purpose of such investments. Permitted investments are listed in Commission Regulation 1.25 and include: U.S. government securities; municipal securities; money market mutual funds; and certain corporate notes and bonds. The futures commission merchant may retain the interest and other earnings realized from its investment of customer funds. You should be familiar with the types of financial instruments that a futures commission merchant may invest customer funds in.
- Futures commission merchants are permitted to deposit customer funds with affiliated entities, such as affiliated banks, securities brokers or dealers, or foreign brokers. You should inquire as to whether your futures commission merchant deposits funds with affiliates and assess whether such deposits by the futures commission merchant with its affiliates increases the risks to your funds.
- You should consult your futures commission merchant concerning the nature of the protections available to safeguard funds or property deposited for your account.
- Under certain market conditions, you may find it difficult or impossible to liquidate a position. This can occur, for example, when the market reaches a daily price fluctuation limit (“limit move”).
- All futures, forex and options positions involve risk, and a “spread” position may not be less risky than an outright “long” or “short” position.
- The high degree of leverage (gearing) that is often obtainable in futures and forex trading because of the small margin requirements can work against you as well as for you. Leverage (gearing) can lead to large losses as well as gains.
- In addition to the risks noted in the paragraphs enumerated above, you should be familiar with the futures commission merchant you select to entrust your funds for trading futures positions. As of July 12, 2014, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission requires each futures commission merchant to make publicly available on its Web site firm specific disclosures and financial information to assist you with your assessment and selection of a futures commission merchant. Information regarding this futures commission merchant may be obtained by visiting the websites of the respective FCM partner of NinjaTrader Brokerage: Dorman Trading (www.dormantrading.com), Phillip Capital (www.phillipcapital.com), FOREX.com (www.forex.com) and Oanda (www.oanda.com).ALL OF THE POINTS NOTED ABOVE APPLY TO ALL FUTURES AND FOREX TRADING WHETHER FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC. IN ADDITION, IF YOU ARE CONTEMPLATING TRADING FOREIGN FUTURES OR OPTIONS CONTRACTS, YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL RISKS:
- Foreign futures transactions involve executing and clearing trades on a foreign exchange. This is the case even if the foreign exchange is formally “linked” to a domestic exchange, whereby a trade executed on one exchange liquidates or establishes a position on the other exchange. No domestic organization regulates the activities of a foreign exchange, including the execution, delivery, and clearing of transactions on such an exchange, and no domestic regulator has the power to compel enforcement of the rules of the foreign exchange or the laws of the foreign country. Moreover, such laws or regulations will vary depending on the foreign country in which the transaction occurs. For these reasons, customers who trade on foreign exchanges may not be afforded certain of the protections which apply to domestic transactions, including the right to use domestic alternative dispute resolution procedures. In particular, funds received from customers to margin foreign futures transactions may not be provided the same protections as funds received to margin futures transactions on domestic exchanges. Before you trade, you should familiarize yourself with the foreign rules which will apply to your particular transaction.
- Finally, you should be aware that the price of any foreign futures or option contract and, therefore, the potential profit and loss resulting therefrom, may be affected by any fluctuation in the foreign exchange rate between the time the order is placed and the foreign futures contract is liquidated or the foreign option contract is liquidated or exercised.
THIS BRIEF STATEMENT CANNOT, OF COURSE, DISCLOSE ALL THE RISKS AND OTHER ASPECTS OF THE COMMODITY AND FOREIGN CURRENCY MARKETS.